Monday, January 18, 2010

Thrift Store Finds





Before I began metalsmithing I was an passionate about mid-century modern design. Everything form furniture and housewares to vintage jewelry and toys. I hunted and gathered all of the coolest things I could find at flea markets and estate sales to sell in my shop Decades Ago~Go which was located in Ybor City, FL. This was my creative outlet.... I loved displaying all of my treasures and helping my customers find just what they were looking for.
Recently I discovered a great thrift store near me in Ardmore, PA (it is called Pennywise Thrift Shop). It is chock full of wonderful things....here is a look at my latest finds.
A Russel Wright American Modern double decker serving dish.
Lucite Kitty Cat from the 70's (I think!).....and a green depression glass small footed dish.

2 comments:

  1. I love thrift stores! I have a fondness for all things vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!
    I try not to shop too much....but I can't help it. I am looking forward to flea marketing season here in PA.

    ReplyDelete